Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hundreds, Tens and Ones Revisited: Money Edition

Busy Saturday morning.  Parents not paying attention to kid.  Suddenly kid says, "Look Mama, I have two dollars and thirty cents!"  Mama goes over to look.  By George, I think she's got it!  Looks like the postcard caper is paying off!

This is how I found it. 
























"How did you get that number?" I ask.  "Well," says she, "Ten plus ten is twenty.  Then there's five more makes twenty-five, and..." 

So, she added it up correctly, but it's apparent the reasoning part still needs some more work.  Still, I'm thrilled!

1 comment:

  1. You know, reading this a year later I'm thinking her 6yo reasoning was just fine. The question is, what was *I* thinking? LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...