Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday (Video) Fun: Gregory Hines on the Arsinio Hall Show

Nic Gareiss at Dance is Music continues to be my source for all manner of percussive dance inspiration!



Despite all my more recognizable math postings lately, and my never-ending enjoyment of accompanying my 6yo on her math journey, this kind of dance  (not tap dance, actually, but related forms) is really where my interest in math all started. 

Over time, performing and, especially, teaching percussive dance made me wonder if there was math in what I did.  I simply asked the question and now kids get to learn math topics and exhibit their mathematical thinking and choreographic prowess through their bodies and foot-based dance patterns.  Here's the whole story, if you're interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...